Vets save NYC dog who swallowed 111 pennies

This is Jack, the Jack Russell terrier that swallowed 111 pennies. The 13-year-old pooch's owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery Friday March 9, 2013 and doctors put him under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. (AP Photo/BluePearl Veterinary Partners)

March 13, 2013 10:12:00 AM PDT
A New York City dog has undergone emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.

PHOTOS: WEBSITE or iPAD | WIRELESS

The New York Daily News reports that a Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.

The 13-year-old pooch's owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.

That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. The zinc from the coins could be lethal.

The dog's owner told the newspaper his best friend is back to his normal self, driving him crazy.


Load Comments