Woman, man escape burning home in Marple Twp., Pa.

April 1, 2013 8:03:41 AM PDT
Fire officials say working smoke detectors likely saved the lives of two people in Marple Township, Pa.

Investigators say the fire broke out shortly after 3:00 a.m. Monday in the kitchen of a home in the unit block of Oak Circle.

Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the home. It took them about 20 minutes to get the upper hand.

Broomall Fire Company Chief Carl Drake told Action News that smoke detectors awakened a man and woman sleeping on the second floor, and that both made it out of the house safely.

Drake called the case a good example of how working smoke detectors in a home can save lives.


Load Comments