Flames broke out inside a house on the 300 block of Trainer Street.
Arriving firefighters were greeted by heavy flames inside the home, and quickly struck a second alarm.
Initial reports from the scene indicate that a woman, who lives in the house where the fire originated, was cooking. She allegedly went upstairs and when she returned to the kitchen the room was on fire.
One woman was treated for smoke inhalation and a firefighter was transported to Crozer Chester Medical Center after suffering a cut just below his left eye after breaking out a window.
Fire officials say one cat perished in the blaze.
The Red Cross has responded to the scene to help those displaced by the fire.