2-alarm fire damages Voorhees home

April 23, 2013 7:45:45 PM PDT
Fire broke out in the garage of a Voorhees townhouse Tuesday evening.

The fire started around 5:00 p.m. in the unit block of Stokes Avenue.

The owner of the home heard a pop sound and opened the garage to find smoke and flames.

Those inside were able to get out of the home and their neighbors were also evacuated.

The fire went to 2-alarms before it was placed under control at 5:44 p.m.

The blaze destroyed the garage and the inside of the home suffered water and smoke damage.

The family dog was saved by fire crews and treated for smoke inhalation.


Load Comments