From 10am to 2pm Saturday, the Houston Police Department, in partnership with the Mayor's Citizens' Assistance Office, will host nine prescription drug collection sites for the Drug Enforcement Agency's National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day.
The DEA will have containers available at locations throughout the city to help the public properly dispose of prescription drugs. All tablets, capsules and solid dosage forms will be collected. Intravenous solutions, injectables and syringes will not be accepted.
Citizens can drop off prescription drugs at the following locations:
- Kingwood (Library): 4400 Bens View Ln., Kingwood 77339
- Northeast Police Station: 8301 Ley Rd., Houston 77028
- South Central Police Station: 2202 St. Emanuel, Houston 77003
- Westside Police Station: 3203 S Dairy Ashford Rd., Houston 77082
- Southeast Police Station: 8300 Mykawa Rd., Houston 77048
- Clear Lake Police Station: 2855 Bay Area Blvd., Houston 77058
- South Gessner Police Station: 8605 Westplace Dr., Houston 77071
- North Police Station: 9455 W. Montgomery, Houston 77088
- Eastside Police Station: 7525 Sherman, Houston 77012
For more information or to find a nearby collection site, go to www.dea.gov. This service is free, anonymous and open to all.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices