Crews were called to the scene shortly after 9:00 p.m.
Firefighters battled an intense blaze that may have started in a garage bay in the unit block of Poplar Avenue in Elsmere.
The owner has told authorities that the only car in the garage was a vintage Cadillac and that he was not at the garage when the fire started.
He said he learned about the fire when a neighbor knocked on his door and told him that a blaze had broken out.
Investigators are now looking into what, if anything, in that garage may have sparked the fire.
No injuries were reported.