Police and medics were called just after 10:00 a.m. to the Kresson Elementary School for the report of two people shocked.
According to authorities, a 12-year-old girl was participating in gym class when she was shocked after coming into contact with an electrical outlet on a wall.
The girl told the teacher what had happened, and that is when the teacher noticed a piece of metal sticking out of the outlet.
The teacher, 41, then tried to pull out the piece of metal and was also shocked.
Both were transported to the hospital for evaluation.