Toddler burned in New Castle grill accident

May 28, 2013 3:33:44 AM PDT
Delaware fire investigators say a 2-year-old boy was burned when someone used gasoline to light a grill.

The State Fire Marshal says the boy was burned at a home on East Hazeldell Avenue in New Castle on Memorial Day when the gas vapors erupted into flames.

Officials say a relative took the toddler to Wilmington Hospital and he was transferred to the Crozer Burn Center in Upland, Pa., in critical condition with second- and third-degree burns on his face and chest.

Officials say gasoline is extremely flammable and should never be used for cooking.


Load Comments