Kitchen fire started apartment building blaze in Bear, Delaware

September 5, 2013 2:31:23 PM PDT
The Delaware State Fire Marshal says a kitchen fire started an apartment blaze in Bear that left one person critically injured.

Investigators say Monday's fire originated inside a third floor apartment at the Village of Canterbury complex.

A 51-year-old man remains hospitalized in critical condition.

Damage is estimated at $1 million.

The Red Cross is assisting more than 20 displaced residents.

Firefighters were hampered fighting the blaze because of a gas line that ruptured and ignited. The heat from the impact also caused an air conditioner to explode.

A total of 12 units were destroyed.


Load Comments