Husband, wife die in Woodland Park fire

October 28, 2013 7:46:47 AM PDT
A 76-year-old man and his 74-year-old wife have died in a house fire in Woodland Park.

The fire was reported just after midnight Monday.

The woman was found near the front door and her husband was found upstairs. They were pronounced dead at a hospital. Their names have not been released.

Investigators tell The Record newspaper the fire began when an exposed wire rubbing against a heating vent in the basement caused an electrical arc.

The fire spread from the basement to the kitchen and dining room on the first floor.


Load Comments