Police officer injured in Reading house fire

Click Play for Shirleen Alicott's report
November 11, 2013 2:26:34 PM PST
A Reading police officer was badly burned when his house caught on fire Sunday night.

The fire was reported at 8:10 p.m. on the 600 block of South 18th Street.

WFMZ reports that the officer was transported to Lehigh Valley Hospital for treatment of burns he sustained while attempting to extinguish the fire. His injuries, however, are said to be non-life threatening injuries.

It took fire crews approximately twenty minutes to gain control of the blaze. The Reading Fire Deputy Chief said the fire caused about $65,000 worth of damage.

The fire was ruled accidental, was caused by a faulty heater.


Load Comments