Carbon monoxide may have caused an Ocean Co. man's death

Click play to watch the report from Action News
November 20, 2013 10:05:50 AM PST
Officials say carbon monoxide may have caused the death of a man in Stafford, New Jersey early Wednesday morning.

Police were called around 1:42 a.m. to the 300 block of Privateer Road. They arrived to find a 42-year-old man in the hallway of the house.

Also inside the house was his female roommate and her son who were not injured.

Police say they smelled a strong odor and found a kerosene heater nearby.

The heater had been donated by a Philadelphia church earlier in the day, officials say.

According to police, the man had other health issues. They are waiting on an autopsy report to determine if carbon monoxide was the primary cause.

Load Comments