Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home

Watch report from Action News
December 18, 2013 3:06:32 PM PST
Authorities say a woman was showering when a neighbor alerted her to a fire in her home Wednesday afternoon.

It was shortly before 12:30 p.m. when a fire started in the attic of a home on the unit block of Delmonte Place in the Bellevue section of Wilmington, Delaware.

A female resident was home showering and did not realize her home was on fire.

Officials say a doctor from an office across the street knocked on the door and got the woman out safely.

It took firefighters 30 minutes to get the blaze under control.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal believes the fire is electrical in origin.


Load Comments