Natural gas odor leads to early dismissal at Philadelphia school

January 13, 2014 11:57:18 AM PST
Students at West Oak Lane Charter School were evacuated then sent home early Monday due to an odor of natural gas.

Students and staff were evacuated this morning due to an odor of natural gas.

It was around 9:21 a.m. when the fire department was called out to the school, located in the 7100 block of Stenton Avenue for a fumes response.

The incident was placed under control around 9:44 a.m., however PGW remained on location to assist with air control through the building.

Students were dismissed at 1:00 p.m. as advised by the fire department and PGW, though as of yet their readings have found nothing.

Load Comments