1 person hospitalized in Temple University hazmat

One person was sickened after a hazmat incident on the campus of Temple University.
February 17, 2014 8:38:34 PM PST
One person was sickened after a hazmat incident on the campus of Temple University.

It happened around 6:30 Monday night inside Beury Hall on the 1900 block of North 13th Street in North Philadelphia.

Fire crews responded to the report of chemical spill on the fourth floor of the building.

Upon arrival, crews located the chemical which was chromium trioxide, a compound considered to be corrosive and toxic.

One person was taken to the hospital for treatment. No word if the victim was a student or employee.

University officials say the building was cleared and the situation was brought under control.


Load Comments