Candle ignites New Jersey toddler's hair

March 27, 2014 8:55:13 AM PDT
A toddler in New Jersey is recovering from first- and second-degree burns to her face after a candle set fire to her hair.

The girl's mother was cooking dinner in the family's Toms River home on Wednesday and a decorative candle was burning nearby.

Police Chief Mitch Little tells the Asbury Park Press the 2-year-old came into contact with the candle and her hair caught fire.

Little says the mother quickly extinguished the flames with a towel and began medical treatment.

Police did not release the name of the mother or child.


Load Comments