Students allowed back after gas leak at Rowan University apartments

Watch the report from Action News (WPVI)
May 6, 2014 9:32:47 AM PDT
Students are being allowed back in their homes after a natural gas leak at a Rowan University apartment building.

The leak was first reported at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Firefighters responded to Building 500 of the Edgewood Park Apartments in Glassboro.

Rowan University posted the following statement on its website advising students to evacuate:

"There is a gas leak at the Edgewood Park Apartments, Building 500.Any students that are still inside the building need to evacuate immediately. Glassboro Fire Department is on the scene investigating."

South Jersey Gas was called and crews arrived to make repairs.

The building was deemed safe for occupation again at about 10:00 a.m., and students were allowed back in.

No injuries were reported from the incident.

Load Comments