STOUGHTON, Mass. (WPVI) --An 11-year-old Massachusetts girl helped save her newborn sister's life thanks to an important lesson she learned in school.
When she was 2-days old, little Miranda choked on her spit up and stopped breathing.
Big sister Alise then took over.
"I told my mom to turn her around and at an angle and pat her back. That way the spit up could come out. And I also called the nurse," she said.
Alise's school in Stoughton teaches the sixth grade class CPR and infant choking measures.
Alise says she wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up.