PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) --American Airlines has cancelled all flights out of Philadelphia on Saturday ahead of the winter storm.
In a statement Thursday afternoon, the airline says, "We'll reduce the operation Friday afternoon at all three airports. No aircraft will RON Friday, and we'll cancel all operations at these three airports Saturday. We plan on resuming operations around noon Sunday."
American has also canceled all flights out of Charlotte on Friday.
All flights out of the New York City area (LGA/JFK/EWR) are canceled after late morning departures on Saturday.
A one-time ticketing fee will be waived for travel changes if you:
- Are traveling on American Airlines or American Eagle
- Bought or purchased your original flight before January 20, 2016
- Expected or scheduled to travel January 21 - 24, 2016 to/through/from the affected airport
- Flexible to travel January 20 - 27, 2016
- Do not make changes to your origin or destination city
- Book in the same class of service
See a list of snow emergencies declared across the area.