PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) --Billions of dollars are up for grabs in unclaimed funds across Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
In Pennsylvania alone, the numbers make big lottery jackpots look like peanuts -- $2.3 billion currently in the state's unclaimed funds chest.
It's your money. All you have to do is claim it.
The first step to be reunited with your lost money is to go to your state's unclaimed funds website, type in your last name, first name and hit search.
SEARCH YOUR STATE HERE
- Click here to search Pennsylvania's unclaimed funds
- Click here to search New Jersey's unclaimed funds
- Click here to search Delaware's unclaimed funds
TIPS FOR SEARCHING
- Make sure you try your maiden name
- Try searching with no first name
If you have a relative who passed away you could be entitled to their unclaimed funds, too.
As you begin your search, experts say to be aware of one fact: there are plenty of websites out there that offer to help you, but they'll charge you a percentage.
Always start with your state's official website, and be sure to read any instructions carefully.