Burning candle sparks house fire in Hockessin, 4 hurt

EMBED </>More Videos

Four people were hurt after a burning candle set a house on fire in Hockessin, Delaware.

Four people were hurt after a burning candle set a house on fire in Hockessin, Delaware.

The blaze broke out around 7:30 a.m. Thursday on the 100 block of Oldbury Drive.

Two men and Two women escaped the flames before firefighters arrived.
EMBED More News Videos

Four people were hurt in a house fire in Hockessin, Delaware.


They were all taken to Christiana Hospital, suffering with minor smoke inhalation.

The fire marshal says the blaze started inside a rear family and was caused by a burning candle which ignited oxygen tubing and other flammable materials.

The damage to the home is estimated to be about $200,000.

Related Topics:
newshouse firedel. newsArden
(Copyright ©2017 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments