Passerby saves residents inside Wilmington house with CO

EMBED </>More News Videos

A person in Wilmington, Delaware, is being called a hero after alerting authorities to a home containing high levels of carbon monoxide. (WPVI)

A person in Wilmington, Delaware, is being called a hero after alerting authorities to a home containing high levels of carbon monoxide.

Officials say the Good Samaritan was walking down the 2300 block of North Tatnall Street around 11:45 a.m. Saturday, when a loud noise was heard from inside a house. The noise sounded like a generator, and that person immediately called 911.

Fire crews arrived and found very high CO readings at the front door of the house, officials say.

The homeowner was running a gas generator, officials say, because his electricity was turned off.

Firefighters managed to get everyone out of the house with no injuries.

Fire officials warn people to never run a gas generator indoors.
Related Topics:
newsherocarbon monoxidedel. newsWilmington
(Copyright ©2017 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments