Discarded cigarette leads to Delaware house fire, 1 injured

EMBED </>More Videos

Investigators say smoking led to a fire in North Wilmington Wednesday morning. (WPVI)

Investigators say smoking led to a fire in North Wilmington Wednesday morning.

The fire started around 5:30 a.m. on the 1300 block of Marsh Road.

Officials say a a discarded cigarette ignited clothing on the bedroom floor in the home.

The fire caused $40,000 in damage.

The 75-year-old homeowner was transported to the Christiana Hospital for smoke inhalation, but is expected to be OK.

Officials say the smoke alarm alerted the woman of the fire.
Related Topics:
newshouse firedel. news
(Copyright ©2017 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments