Family: New York boy burned by Samsung phone

EMBED </>More News Videos

A smartphone burst into flames, burning a 6-year-old Brooklyn boy's hand.

A smartphone burst into flames, burning a 6-year-old Brooklyn boy's hand.

Authorities say the boy was watching videos on his grandmother's Samsung galaxy 7 on Saturday when it exploded.

His grandfather says the 6-year-old threw it on the ground and ran outside.

Samsung is working with the family regarding the incident.

They also told Galaxy owners to turn off their device and exchange them for a new product.
Related Topics:
newsburn injuriessmartphonesnew york citychildren
(Copyright ©2017 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments