Florida woman says iPhone exploded while she slept

EMBED </>More Videos

A Florida woman says her iPhone caught fire as she slept next to it. (WPVI)

A Florida woman says her iPhone caught fire as she slept next to it.

Amanda Bentz of Palm Harbor says her iPhone 6-plus was plugged in and sitting on her night stand when it burst into flames.

Her husband Kyle grabbed one of his flame-retardant work shirts and put the fire out.

"We were seconds away from it being a really big deal. That's what's really nerve racking," said Bentz.

The curtains and even Bentz's pillow were singed.

Apple has told the couple it would like to examine the iPhone before it sends a replacement.

Related Topics:
iphoneexplosives foundu.s. & world
(Copyright ©2017 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments