GLASSBORO, N.J. (WPVI) --A school in Gloucester County was evacuated due to a nearby gas leak, officials say.
Officials with the Glassboro Intermediate School tell Action News several students and staff reported a foul odor in the building and some began to fell ill Thursday morning.
The building located on the 200 block of Delsea Drive was evacuated.
Officials say first responders inspected the building and found higher than normal levels of carbon monoxide in the building.
Parents were notified and students were transported to the Dorothy L. Bullock School.
School officials say at the end of the regular school day, Glassboro Intermediate School students who are bused will be transported home from the Bullock School.
Several of the ill students were taken to the hospital for further observation.
The source of the problem is under investigation.
Send a breaking news alert to Action News
Report a correction or typo
Learn more about the 6abc family of apps