Fire damages home in Upper Merion Township

EMBED </>More Videos

A fast-moving fire damaged a home early Tuesday in Upper Merion Twp., Pa. (WPVI)

Fire has damaged a home in Upper Merion Township.

It broke out at 4:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of Dartmouth Drive.

Action News is told police on patrol spotted the fire and called the fire department.

Firefighters arrived to find flames coming from the second floor of the single family home.

All the occupants, including six cats were able to get out safely.

It took crews twenty minutes to get the blaze under control.

Officials say the fire was caused by an air conditioning unit plugged into an improper extension cord.

Related Topics:
house firepa. newsUpper Merion Township
(Copyright ©2017 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments