Worker electrocuted inside Parkside apartment building

EMBED </>More Videos

A man is dead after being electrocuted while doing residential renovations in Philadelphia's Parkside section Wednesday afternoon. (WPVI)

A man is dead after being electrocuted while doing residential renovations in Philadelphia's Parkside section Wednesday afternoon.

It was around 2:20 p.m. when paramedics were called to the 4100 block of Parkside Avenue. It was there that a man was working on the first floor of the apartment building when he was electrocuted.

The victim, described only as a Hispanic male, possibly in his 30's, was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he died shortly after arrival.

Circumstances surrounding the incident are still being investigated.

PECO and L&I are working with authorities to determine a cause.

Related Topics:
electricphilly newsWest Philadelphia
(Copyright ©2017 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments