SOMERS POINT, N.J. (WPVI) -- Fire crews battled an apartment blaze where two people were injured in Somers Point, New Jersey Friday morning.
The fire broke out around 9:30 a.m. at the Bayview Court Apartments at 555 Shore Road.
Firefighters arrived to flames showing on the third floor.
They believe the blaze started in the kitchen area.
Officials say a male tenant was pulled from the fire and taken to Temple Burn Center.
A female resident was taken to Atlanticare Regional Medical Center-Center City division for treatment.
So far, there is no word on their conditions.
Another man in a wheelchair was safely rescued.
The fire was placed under control within an hour.
Shore Road is closed between Maryland Avenue and Bethel Road.
Officials say one unit was heavily damage and 10 others were damaged by smoke and water.
There is no official word on what sparked the blaze, but it appears to be accidental.