Each time she complained, Melissa says they told her not to be concerned.
But in the wee hours of Sunday morning, serious and dangerous problems developed.
Glassboro police on patrol smelled natural gas.
Investigators soon discovered the floor in the building was sloping; the final determination was that a support beam under the building had collapsed and ruptured a gas main.
Investigators say the first floor had dropped four inches to case the damage and the hazard. A total of 16 students living in four apartments have been evacuated, forced to leave for their own safety.
For now, the 16 students are being put up in a Deptford hotel at the apartment management's expense.
The Campus Cross Apartment management was not available for comment.
A full investigation by local housing code authorities is expected to begin tomorrow.
Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.