The Benton Harbor, Mich.-based appliance maker is still deciding what to do with 300 employees who work at a product-development center at the Evansville location.
Whirlpool plans to move the main Evansville production work to Mexico and another yet-to-be-decided location.
The company has aggressively cut costs as demand for big-ticket items has shrunk in the recession.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys