The company cut executive-level pay by 10 percent, manager pay by 7 percent and most other salaries by 5 percent in the spring as it struggled to avoid bankruptcy protection.
The cuts in the U.S., Canada and several other countries saved millions but GM ended up spending 40 days in bankruptcy protection. It emerged on July 10.
Workers received GM's e-mail on Friday, the person said. The e-mail says the reinvention of the company is just beginning and it appreciates the sacrifices employees have made.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys