"This is important to us because it sets Facebook up to be a strong independent service for the long term," he wrote.
This does not mean that Facebook is profitable by the measurements that most companies use, though. Cash remaining after expenses could be swallowed up by other costs like taxes, debt payments or other accounting charges.
Zuckerberg also said that Palo Alto, Calif.-based Facebook now has 300 million users worldwide.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys