The person asked not to be identified because the board had not acted on the plan. The company does not plan to issue any statements after the meeting.
Fiat's management took control of the Auburn Hills, Mich.-based automaker after it emerged from bankruptcy protection on June 10.
The person says Fiat has the ability to start building new models in North America in as little as 18 months.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys