Irvine, Calif.-based Uniloc makes software that prevents people from illegally installing software on multiple computers. Uniloc says Microsoft's Windows XP and some Office programs infringe on a related patent.
U.S. District Judge William Smith dismissed the verdict Tuesday and ruled in Microsoft's favor. He sides with Microsoft's objection to a pie chart Uniloc used at trial showing $19.27 billion as the total revenue from Windows XP and some office programs.
Microsoft, based in Redmond, Wash., says it is pleased. Lawyers for Uniloc did not immediately return a call seeking comment Wednesday.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys