Last month, airlines added the charge to flights on the Sunday after Thanksgiving as well as January 2 and 3.
Now they've extended those fees to ten other days around the holidays.
However, discounters like Southwest appear to be avoiding the surcharges at least for now.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys