USA Today's publisher, David Hunke (pronounced HUNK'-ee), told staff about the circulation plunge in a memo Friday. From April through September, the average daily circulation at the Gannett Co.-owned newspaper was 1.88 million. That amounted to 398,000 fewer copies than in the same period of 2008.
The figures for USA Today and other newspapers are due to be released Oct. 26 by the Audit Bureau of Circulations.
The decline was reported earlier by Editor & Publisher.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys