The maker of Band-Aids, biotech drugs and Acuvue contact lenses says it earned $3.35 billion in the quarter, or $1.20 per share. In last year's third quarter, it had net income of $3.31 billion, or $1.17 per share.
Analysts polled by Thomson Financial were expecting lower earnings per share, at $1.13, and revenue of $15.19 billion in the latest quarter.
J&J just missed the revenue forecast, reporting total sales of $15.08 billion. That's down 5 percent from a year ago.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys