Upbeat earnings reports from Intel Corp. andJPMorgan Chase & Co. gave the Dow its final push past 10,000.
The Dow closed at 10,015.86, up 144.80, or 1.5 percent. The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 18.83, or 1.8 percent, to 1,092.02. The Nasdaq composite index rose 32.34, or 1.5 percent, to 2,172.23.
Winning stocks outpaced losers by more than 3 to 1 on the New York Stock Exchange, where volume came to 1.35 billion shares.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys