The Armonk, N.Y.-based company says Robert Moffat, a senior vice president and cost-cutting maven who was considered a top candidate to succeed CEO Sam Palmisano, no longer serves as an officer of the company.
Rodney Adkins, currently senior vice president in charge of development and manufacturing, was tapped to assume Moffat's position on an acting basis. That gives him oversight over IBM's mainframes and computer servers.
Adkins is IBM's highest-ranking black executive.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys