The announcement comes as the discounter tells investors about its strategies at a two-day analysts' meeting that began Wednesday.
The nationwide cuts start this week with bananas selling for 39 cents per pound; rolls of lean ground beef for $1.25 per pound and select board games for $15.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys