The company priced its IPO of 35.7 million shares at $12.50, raising $446.4 million.
Dole originally expected its stock offering to price between $13 and $15 per share.
Dole, which is based in Westlake Village, Calif., will use proceeds to pay off debt.
The company is controlled by David H. Murdock. It was most recently publicly traded in 2003.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys