2009 WORLD SERIES
- WORLD SERIES POLL - Who will win the 2009 World Series?
- INTERACTIVE: See how the Phillies and Yankees stack up, player by player
- Stub Hub World Series Ticket Prices
- Ticket Liquidator World Series Ticket Prices
- Philadelphia Phillies ticket information site
- Citizens Bank Park parking and driving directions
The article begins: Yankees fans have a message for the Phillies and their hometown: This ain't Rocky, and the underdog won't win!
(It's okay to chuckle at being called the underdog, since the '08 Phils won it all and the '08 Yanks didn't even make the playoffs)
One of the first zingers out of the box is a misguided attempt at trash-talk by insulting how people in Philadelphia dress.
That's what they're bringing? Clothes?
If that's not enough, we're also "uncultured and uninteresting." We also go to bed early because there's nothing to do.
RELATED LINK: Read the NY Post article
RELATED INTERACTION: Tell us what you think of New York City!
The writer then goes on to dismiss the Phillies for taking a train to New York (even though the entire ride was shorter than the evening edition of Action News) and insulting cheesesteaks.
Of course, the entire article fails to mention anything about how the Phillies play baseball.
Is that because they're worried about taking on the champs?
INTERACTION: Tell us what you think about the NY Post article!
Once this is all over, find a Yankees fan in New York and buy them a cheesesteak.
It's the least you can do for someone who has to watch their team lose the World Series.
PHILLIES FANS CENTRAL
- Send in your own Phillies photos and videos!
- Check out other Phillies fans honoring their team!
- Have plans for watching the Phillies? Tell us!
- Relive the Road to the 2008 World Series Championship
2009 NATIONAL LEAGUE SERIES
- 2009 NLCS Photos
- Fans celebrate 2009 NLCS victory
- 2009 NLDS Photos
- VIDEOS: Phillies react 2009 NLE Championship