Our mission was to peer into the World Series future and yes, Monica expected us.
"I've been cheating a little, I can't lie, I've been using my abilities to focus in. I'm getting anxious, I want to know the outcome," Monica said.
You didn't have to be a mind reader to figure out Monica wearing a Phillies hat and Phillies nails is a Phillies diehard, but she assured us her prediction is metaphysically objective.
2009 WORLD SERIES
- WORLD SERIES POLL - Who will win the 2009 World Series?
- INTERACTIVE: See how the Phillies and Yankees stack up, player by player
- Stub Hub World Series Ticket Prices
- Ticket Liquidator World Series Ticket Prices
- Philadelphia Phillies ticket information site
- Citizens Bank Park parking and driving directions
According to Monica, the Phillies win it in 5 games.
"It's a repeat, definitely. I don't think I'm being bias," Monica said.
Alas, the odds makers in Las Vegas are not mystical nor favoring the Phillies.
"It looks like the folks in Vegas are putting the Yankees as a pretty heavy favorite, maybe not so popular among the folks here, but the Yankees are certainly the favorites in Vegas," Chris White of the Turf Club said.
PHILLIES FANS CENTRAL
- Send in your own Phillies photos and videos!
- Check out other Phillies fans honoring their team!
- Have plans for watching the Phillies? Tell us!
- Relive the Road to the 2008 World Series Championship
So what about a fortune cookie prediction? They make thousands at a Philadelphia plant. Maybe a cryptic message would reveal all!
The one I opened read, "You are broad minded and socially active."
What on earth does that mean? Hardly the Phils in five.
2009 NATIONAL LEAGUE SERIES
- 2009 NLCS Photos
- Fans celebrate 2009 NLCS victory
- 2009 NLDS Photos
- VIDEOS: Phillies react 2009 NLE Championship
It's always nice to have some insurance.