Recently appointed Walt Disney Studios Chairman Rich Ross said Friday that Daniel Battsek will leave his post as Miramax president in January by mutual agreement.
Earlier this month, Disney said it was slashing Miramax's movie production to three per year, down from six to eight, and eliminating 50 jobs in New York and Los Angeles.
The 20 employees that remain, mostly at the New York headquarters, are now being asked to move to Los Angeles.
The move marks the first made publicly by Ross, 48, who took over as studios chair this month, replacing Dick Cook, who abruptly departed after more than a year of disappointing movie results.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys