- 6abc.com TRAVEL LINKS:
Most services within Philly have stopped, including subway, bus and trolley service. Frontier Division buses are also not operating. However, service in Montgomery, Bucks, Delaware and Chester counties will continue on regular schedules.
Regional rail service is running, however, and extra lines may be added to accomodate additional riders.
The following services are not running due to the Transportation Workers Union Local 234 strike:
- Broad Street Line and Broad-Ridge Spur
- Market-Frankford Line
- All City Transit bus, trolley and trackless trolley routes
- Frontier Division bus routes
The following services would run in the event of a TWU Local 234 strike:
- Regional Rail
- Victory Division buses, the Route 101 and 102 Trolley Lines, and the Norristown High Speed Line, with modifications for buses into Philadelphia.
- LUCY service (Green and Gold) with regular routing from 30th Street Station to select University city destinations
- Paratransit CCT Connect service for registered ADA and Shared Ride customers
For SEPTA's full Service Interruption Guide and other related information please visit www.septa.org/strike
Information is also available through SEPTA Customer Service by calling 215-580-7800.
TWU Local 234 represents about 5,500 drivers, operators and mechanics. Salaries currently range from about $50,000 to $57,000 per year after four years.
Workers have been without a contract since the spring.