- Injuries will vary due to weapons used
- Killeen's history marred with violence
- Obama discusses 'horrific' shooting
- General addresses shooting
- Shooter was a soldier, officer says
- Who was the gunman?
- Governor calls for flags at half staff
Munley's boss, Chuck Medley, told The Associated Press on Friday that Hasan then spun around and charged at her with a gun in each hand.
Medley says Munley shot the alleged gunman, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, in the upper torso, allowing officers to take him into custody. Medley says in the exchange of gunfire, Munley was shot in the thighs and wrist.
The 34-year-old Munley is from Pennsylvania, used to be in the Army and is married to a Fort Bragg, N.C. soldier.