Moves in the dollar are again tugging at stocks Wednesday, a pattern that has become familiar in recent months.
Gold and oil rose as the dollar slipped early in trading following predictions from Fed officials late Tuesday that the economic recovery is likely to be weak.
According to preliminary calculations, the Dow is up 44 at 10,291. The Standard & Poor's 500 index is up 6 at 1,099. The Nasdaq composite index is up 16 at 2,167.
Three stocks rose for every two that fell on the New York Stock Exchange. Volume totaled 1 billion compared with 1.1 billion Tuesday.
More money-related links:
- Save money with Local Coupons
- Coupon Bug helps you save cash
- Saving with 6abc reports
- Share on the Saving with 6abc Message Board
- Track your stocks
- Follow Action News on Twitter
- Get Action News on your website
- Follow Action News on Facebook
- The latest Philadelphia headlines from the Delaware and Lehigh valleys