Woman rescued from Thanksgiving fire

TREDYFFRIN TWP., Pa. - November 26, 2009

It happened shortly before 3:00 p.m. at a home on Valley Stream Road in Tredyffrin Township.

911 operators tell Action News the woman was preparing dinner when, for some reason, a fire broke out.

She was unable to get out because she is in a wheel chair.

However, the fire department arrived on the scene, rescued her, and put out the flames before it could spread to the rest of the home.

She was treated for minor injuries at the scene.

Rescuers say her dinner guests hadn't yet arrived when the fire started.

Copyright © 2023 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.