Having said that, here are six things I think will happen during the calendar year of 2010 (in no particular order of importance or probability):
1. One of the four major professional sports teams in Philadelphia will play in a championship game. That team has an "e" in its nickname.
2. Live digital broadcast network television will become widely available on mobile devices - without a wi-fi connection.
3. The major stock indices will have big swings, both up and down, but will otherwise end the year relatively unchanged. Meanwhile, a huge number of unemployed Americans will find jobs again.
4. We will gain more proof that life can exist elsewhere in the solar system, the Milky Way galaxy, and the rest of the universe. And the findings will be largely ignored.
5. The complexion of the internet will begin to change drastically, with more news-related websites (not ours) beginning to charge visitors to read entire stories, more subscription-based video content, and more copyright control over published material.
6. Jon and Kate's 15 minutes will finally begin to wind down.
What are your predictions for 2010? And be bold!